March 21, 2022
You don’t need to be a certified mechanic to understand what a beating most vehicles take each winter. Aside from the unsightliness that can result from several months of salt, snow, ice and road debris, the bitterly cold temperatures can also impact many of your vehicle’s most important systems. The metal materials used to manufacturer everything from engine blocks to braking systems literally expand and contract as the temperature rises and falls, which can result in wear, poor performance or failure once things get hot and humid.
One of the best ways to ensure the highest levels of safety on the road is to have your vehicle professionally inspected by a local mechanic who knows what to look for. At Mac’s II Auto Repair in Rochester, we offer comprehensive vehicle inspections to make sure that your vehicle is in tip-top condition come Spring and Summer. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Check all fluids for proper levels and top-off/replace as needed
- Detailed brake inspection, components, including pads, rotors, calipers and fluid
- Inspect tires for proper balance, excessive/uneven wear, exposed wire
- Inspect radiator, cooling system and hoses to prevent summer overheating
- Testing and inspection of the vehicle’s electrical components, wiring, etc.
- Air conditioning test, component inspection and Freon refill when needed
Of course, this is just a partial list of what we evaluate during your vehicle inspection. To schedule an appointment or learn more about the measures we take to keep you safe on the road, get in touch with the Mac’s II Auto Repair staff and we’ll be happy to get you started or answer any questions you may have.
Mac’s II is an ASE Blue Seal Certified auto repair shop in Rochester NY, and has been proudly serving the community for over 80 years. Give us a call at 585-272-7700 to learn more or schedule your Spring vehicle inspection.