August 5, 2022
While every part of a vehicle plays a fundamental role in its operation and drivability, few systems are as critical to our safety than the brakes. When they start to show their age, it’s vital to have them inspected and serviced by a professional who knows precisely what to look for. Waiting for a brake problem to go away or resolve itself simply won’t change the inevitable, and delaying service only results in more damage, higher repair bills, and a greater risk of being in an accident.
At Mac's II in Rochester, we provide inspections and brake repairs on every make and model car, truck, and sport utility vehicle. Here are a few things to be mindful of if you’re hearing noises or suspect that your vehicle’s brakes may be in need of service:
- Squeaking sounds coming from your wheels is a warning that brake pads are low
- A more intense grinding sound is a sign that the brake pads are completely worn
- If you hear a clicking or thumping, one of your brake components may be broken
- Brake pedals low to the floor without noise can be low fluid or a damaged brake line
- Brake problems can escalate quickly; have them inspected as soon as possible
- Having an annual brake inspection is a smart way to prevent accidents and injury
We can’t overstate the importance of paying close attention to your brakes, and moreover, taking measures to have them serviced at the first sign of trouble. The cost of new brake pads pales in comparison to the cost of having to replace rotors, calipers, or brake lines. To learn more or have your brakes inspected by one of our expert mechanics, get in touch or stop by our shop when it’s convenient.
Mac's II in Rochester, NY has been proudly serving the community for more than 80 years. Give us a call at 585-272-7700 to learn more or schedule your Spring vehicle inspection.